dinsdag 31 juli 2012

Abandon - Meg Cabot

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)
Serie: Abandon Trilogy #1
Release date: 2011
Stars: 3/5

Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone... because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away... especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.

This book kind of frustrated me. You see I'm a huge sucker for romance and mythology and well this book has it all. The story revolves around the story of Hades & Persephone, and really after reading the Goddess Test I couldn't get enough of that story. That's kind of the reason why I picked this book. That and ofcourse the beautiful cover and the intriguing synopsis. So the story was okay, but let me tell you why the word frustrating keeps popping up while I'm trying to write a review. You have to understand that I really like books with a lot of flashbacks, so you get the story a little step at a time. There were a lot of flashbacks in Abadon, but they were somehow very frustrating for me, like there were to much of them! You only get information through the flashbacks. Also, the main character Pierce (like the name though) is kind of childish. Sure I know she's suppose to be 17, but it seems she's much younger. She's very difficult to relate to. Still I couldn't help but be interested in her story. Then there is John, really I hate that he is named John! He's the keeper of the Underworld, not Hades like I innitialy thought. He's the mysterious hot guy. I kind of like him, with his funny remarks. Another think I didn't like about the book is the instant love thing that's going on! I mean that's so not realistic and I hate it when that's going on in the books! I have to admit that I liked that they didn't kiss for a very long time, so the tension is building to the moment they finally kiss! Okay when I'm rereading my review it looks like I don't like the book. Let's get this straight, there were some point that made the book not awesome, but it's an okay book. The story is nice and the characters are nice and I'm proparbly going to read the next book in the series, cause really the end is kind of a cliffhanger. Do I recommend it? Well maybe for the ones who like to read a story with the Hades and Persephone mythology and who want to read a fun book just to kill time.

Geen opmerkingen: