dinsdag 19 november 2013

Wallbanger - Alice Clayton

15858248Book: Wallbanger
Release date: 2012
Stars: 4/5

Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…


Okay.. wow.. it's been a while since I've written any review. I'm going to make it up to you by writing a first review about this hilarious book! Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. God did I laugh out loud a lot while reading this book! I needed a fun, light, fast to read book and this one has that all! I fell in love with everything, the writing, the style, the story, the characters. It was just such an amazing book at the right time in my life.
I read most of it with a big grin om my face, which most of the time I had to explain to my mom hihi. I enjoyed gettint to know the two main characters, Simon and Caroline. They were very likable characters and easy to relate too. They were fun, with endless witty banter en they developed a very nice friendship throughout the book. I really liked the detail with the cat (You have to read the book to catch my meaning).
If you're looking for a simple, fun read, you'll probably enjoy this one!

Geen opmerkingen: