zondag 17 juni 2012

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead


Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)Series: Bloodlines #1
Release date: 2011
 
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood

So I know I’ve said that I would want to series of the Vampire Academy by Richelle mead to continue, but I would like it to continue with Rose and not another character. Still, I couldn’t help but feel a bit curious about this one so I finally decided to read Bloodlines. I liked it! So Bloodlines follows the POV of Sydney Sage, the Alchemist of Vampire Academy. She is ordered to protect and hide Jill, the Princess. The group consists further of Eddie and Adrian, although Adrian doesn’t enroll in school. The beginning was kind of slow and I couldn’t make up my mind whether I would love this series or it was a waste of time. I really like Sydney, although I sometimes can’t relate to her at all. She’s easy going, hard on herself, but very likeable, not the kick-ass heroine you’re familiar with in Mead’s novels. What I really like in this book/series is that Adrian finally get some much deserved attention! Adrian is so... hmm... what can I say. You see him struggling with what happened between him and Rose in VA series. I’m curious to see what his role is going to be in this new series. There is so much potential! You can read this series on its own; you don’t have to read the Vampire academy series to understand this book. I would recommend it though, cause that one is also very good! I can’t wait for the next one, The Golden Lily.

2 opmerkingen:

Atmika@I Talk Books! zei

Great review!
I just read the book and I agree with what you.

Shar zei

Thank you!

-Sharissa