donderdag 21 juni 2012

Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon


Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1)Serie: Carrier Trilogy #1
Release date: 2011 

Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself
feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.


I’m a huge sucker for romance, mostly of the paranormal genre. I really am in love with books with an Ireland setting and I like mystery. I love books with a great cover.. This book has it all... Still... I found the book okay, not loving it. I had the feeling I read it all before. Megan was an okay character, not really special. Adam is of course the hot mystery guy. I though it starts good, but… where’s the tension and where’s the getting to know each other? It’s an instant love/relationship thing, I don’t like that! Sure they are cute together and made me smile sometimes, but really!? Not realistic! And then there is the whole mark thing, still don’t know what the deal is with that. It was all kind of vague. All I know is that they are carriers of the mark and therefore they can control the elements. Adam and Megan can’t be with each other, so they have to find a solution. The whole history and the whole why and everything is lost on me. I like the writing style though. The story had so much potential, it’s a shame that it ended up the way it did. It was a quick read, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Geen opmerkingen: