donderdag 7 juni 2012

Shadow of the Wolf - Dana Marie Bell


Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1) Serie: Heart's desire #1
Release date: 2009

Christopher Beckett is tired of being alone. His wolf is howling for his mate, and Chris knows it is only a matter of time before his needs override everything else in his life.

He casts the spell all the Becketts have used to call their mates to them. What he wants is a woman of an older lineage, of power to equal his own. And she has to accept the one aspect that sets him apart from almost every other wizard: his wolf.

What Chris gets is Alannah Evans, a powerful witch of the Evans Coven. The petite, dark haired woman has no problems with the wolf. What she does have a problem with is the fact that Chris is a wizard. Since wizards and witches don’t get along very well, neither should they, but the sparks flying between them can’t be denied.

Chris isn’t taking no for an answer. When it becomes clear that an old enemy has targeted them both Chris will wind up engaging his enemy in a duel that could cost him his life.

Or worse: Lana.

Uhhh certainly didn’t expect the story I read. I love the cover; it’s hot with that very very gorgeous guy!! I liked the book, I had a few laugh out loud moments. I loved that is was about twenty something people who had actually work and not going to school. It made the whole book more mature.. A lot more mature actually with all the hot sex scenes! Didn’t see that one coming! I loved that it wasn’t about love at first sight and that Lana was kind of hard to get for Chris. It’s written in Lana’s & Chris’ point of view and I’m a huge fan of male’s point of view! I liked it. It was more about the love than the paranormal aspect in the book, but that was okay. It was a fun and easy read, but I would recommend it for people who are above 16? 18? It had a lot of twist and turns in it and it was humorous. The story itself was okay, not something special but the scenes between Lana and Chris made it worth it! I know I will read the rest of the serie;)

Geen opmerkingen: