maandag 4 juni 2012

Vampire kisses - Ellen Schreiber


Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)Serie: Vampire kisses #1 
Release date: 2005 

The mansion on top of Benson Hill has been empty and boarded up for years. But a new family has moved in. A family that never ventures out during the day. Who are these creepy people -- especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? Could the town gossip actually be true? Are they vampires?
Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth.

 I don’t know why on earth I picked this one up. This book was all wrong and I’m really sorry I picked it. The only reason I put a review on my blog is because I want to keep people from reading this one. The nicest things to say here is that it was a quick read. No that isn't true, the cover isn't that bad.. The main character, Raven (my god that name) is a goth (really?!) and has no character whatsoever.  I have to say something about the use of nicknames in the book. There is a scene where Raven meets a man who she thinks is creepy, so she calls him Creepy man and that lasted a very long time. She calls her brother Nerd Boy and her town Dullsvile. God the whole use of nicknames made her look so stupid and immature. More than a few times I really couldn’t believe she was suppose to be 16, if you say she was 12 I would believe it. She’s selfish and really insane. She’s so emo, it’s really sad. She’s driving me insane, I mean I wanted to shout at her just grow up a bit! She acts like she’s that much better than normal people, a goth snob really. What I also hated about the book was the lack of feelings and growth. I mean I can’t really tell what Raven was feeling and she sure as hell didn’t grow in the book. Vampire kisses is a first book in a series and the end definitely leaves the reader hanging in an attempt to get the second book. I’ll pass that one. I wouldn’t recommend this one for the world. It was just that bad.

Geen opmerkingen: