maandag 4 juni 2012

Nightshade - Andrea Cremer


Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)
Serie: Nightshade #1 
Release date: 2010 

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she’ll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters’ laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. 
By following her heart, she might lose everything - including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice? 

Again, this is a book I’ve waited a very long time before I read it. Again, I’m sorry I didn’t read it sooner. The cover is really awesome!!  I stayed up late to finish this book (seems like I’m doing that a lot these days!) and you know what? I loved this book! It’s about alpha female Calla and I really like her. She’s not your average heroine, but a girl with a strong sense of loyalty towards her pack and who doesn’t want to show she’s weak, even though she has her tough moments. You can really relate with her throughout the whole story. The hierarchy of their world is also very interesting; the whole guardians and keepers aspect is intriguing. In this first book you get to know a little bit about it, but I love to learn more about it in the books to come. There is a love triangle in this book and that one is killing me! You know the kind where you just know which boy the girl is going to pick, well in Nightshade you just don’t know it. It’s really maddening! I’m not sure which one I like most, but I have to say I have a soft spot for Ren, he’s so not what he seems to boy. I think there is a lot more about him that we don’t know. Can’t wait to find out how it’s going to play out. The end is so good that you just want to pick up the next book! You want to know more about the world and the choices and love and actions and.. Really you should just read it already!

Geen opmerkingen: