maandag 23 april 2012

Frostbite - Richelle Mead


Serie: Vampire Academy #2 
Release date: 2008 

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...


I loved this second book in the serie!!! still don't know why it took me so lang to read Vampire Academy, but when I finished the first book I just had to read this one. And I'm glad I did. There still is this amazing best friend relationship between Rose and Lissa, I mean the bond between them is just amazing and original. But the whole mythology is unique and fascinating. That makes the books just great! And then there is the love story between Rose and Diminitri, I mean the tension between them is just killing me. But most of all you have to like this book because of that bad-ass Rose. Rose has become sightly an adult and now she realizes her mistakes and her relationships with many people increased. I always liked Rose because she is a strong and can handle everything. 
In this second book you come to know more about the political game in this world, and I think this will continue even more as the serie progresses. You get a glimpse of Lissa and her ideas and I think it gets more important and Lissa wil propably play a big role in the political game. And then ofcourse there is this new character in this book, the hot and infamous Adrian Ivashkoy. It could get intresting with Rose, Adrian and Dimitri. I wonder where this goes to. Maybe a love triangle in the next book? I can't wait to find out more about Rose and her world in the third book (which I'm already reading =))

Geen opmerkingen: