donderdag 19 april 2012

Personal demons- Lisa Desrochers

Serie: Personal demons #1 
Release date: 2010 

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked side. She has spent years trying to keep her distance from everyone, even from her best friends. This year seems just like all the other years... until Luc Cain ends up in her class. Nobody knows where he comes from, but Frannie can't stay away with him. What she doesn't know is that Luc has a mission. He is sent from hell to steal Frannie's soul. It should be simple, all he needs to do is let her sin, and Luc is as tempting as what. Frannie has no chance. But he must work quickly, the saints are not far behind. And it doesn't take long before the Angel Gabriel appears, prepared to do anything to keep Luc away from Frannie. It doesn't take long before they find themselves in a fight for more than just Frannie's soul. But if Luc fails, hell will erupt ... for all of them.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the summary, but hell I really loved it. Luc is the sexy mysterious guy with a big secret, just like every other YA book. But unlike most books, we can read from Luc's point of view and you can read his love for Frannie growing and his struggle with himself.  I like the tension between Luc and Frannie and when Gabe comes in it gets more excited. There is a lot of humor in the book and I can't help but share this:

“Sii la mia schiava d’amore,” I purr.
Her expression is guarded. “What did you say?”
An amused smile pulls at my lips. “I’ll never tell.” Somehow, I don’t think she’d agree to be my love slave anyway.”—Luc Cain


I mean how can you not love Luc, he's so hot (literally) and funny, but ofcourse he is dangerous and evil and Gabe is the safe choice. Gabe is sweet and understanding. She will have to choose between them, I won't tell who she will choose, but really it's a good book!

Geen opmerkingen: