zaterdag 21 april 2012

Inescapable - Amy Bartol


Serie: The Premonition #1
Release date: 2011 

My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.

I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.

What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.


I really loved this one, I never could have imagined that this one was so good. I mean another angel book, with an half-angel and a love triangle. Nothing really special right. I was so wrong! This book wasn't easy to plan out. Like, I couldn't always figure out what came next. I thought for a few chapters that Russel was a bad guy, but he was just a regular guy. Or that Alfred really was bad, who could have seen that one coming? The book was also big on details, which I just loved. Nothing vague here. The love triangle blew me away, I mean normally you end up with your soulmate and don't fight against it. But in this book Evie fight against it with all her will. And what about Reed, omg you just have to love him! He is the strong mysterious hot guy, who doesn't want to admit that he has feelings for Evie and breaks her heart. But ofcourse they end up together, how can they not? Everything about this book was different, and it made it much more exciting. I loved that she and her uncle had a good relationship--that was something that most books don't display. Some scenes where so funny, like when Evie pulls the stun gun. Or very romantic! Oh, the last surprise i really liked was Brownnie and Buns, really! How could anyone have ever known who they were.
Excellent and can't wait for the next one. And check out this line, if my review hasn't convinced you yet, than this line should!



“He isn't wearing a shirt.... He shouldn't just walk around like that; it's obscene to have to look at someone so perfect. He should do the world a favor and eat a donut or two.”

Geen opmerkingen: