maandag 28 mei 2012

Angel - L.A. Weatherly

Angel (Angel, #1)Serie: Angel #1 
Release date: 2010 

Angels are all around us: beautiful, awe-inspiring, irresistible.

Ordinary mortals yearn to catch a glimpse of one of these stunning beings and thousands flock to The Church of Angels to feel their healing touch.
But what if their potent magnetism isn't what it seems?
Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars.
Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. But she has no idea where she gets this power from.

Until she meets Alex…
Alex is one of the few who know the truth about angels. He knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her.
The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous – and irresistible.
In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy.



I probably shouldn’t have read this book about angels after the amazing hush hush serie, but I couldn’t help myself. Luckily I didn’t read Unearthly yet. The beginning of this one started out interesting and I was immediately drawn into the first chapters. However after that the whole mystery of the book was kind of lost on me. Willow and Alex got together pretty fast and the romance between them was predictable and not really unique. Though I liked that they got to know each other and it wasn’t really declaring love at first side. However, when they went for each other the story became kind of cheesy. I’m a sucker for cheesy romance, but this one went too far. The story itself about angels is kind of new, although I didn’t get some parts. How can all the angels be bad? I get about the fallen, but even the good ones are apparently bad ones here. I did like Willow. She’s a bad-ass character, who fixes cars and everything. She can take care of herself, hell she wouldn’t want it any other way. She made the story so much more. So I’m not really sure if I would recommend this one. After reading hush hush and Unearthly however this one is not really that good.

Geen opmerkingen: