zondag 20 mei 2012

Pure - Jennifer Armentrout

Pure (Covenant, #2)Series: Covenant # 2
Release Date: 2012


There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.


Gosh, I want more! After Half-Blood I just had to read this one and now I can't wait for the next one. Everyone should read the Lux en the Covenant series of Jennifer Armentrout. They are just amazing! Let's begin with Aiden in this book, what can I say about him. Everytime I read about him I just swoon, I want more and the whole forbidden thing with Alex and him makes their relationship so exciting! The tension between them is unbelievably hot and quite aching to read sometimes. He's really the perfect book-boyfriend. Aiden puts Alex always before himself and does his best to do what is right. It's not all about Aiden though, there are so many more aspects that makes this book so great. The plot in Pure is better than in Half-blood, probably because you know more about the background now. The story-line is twisting and turning and leaves you guessing everything and I want to know more and more! This time Alex trains with both Aiden and Seth. So Seth is new here and she has to train with Seth because of her becoming the future Apollyon. She's in danger and has both men at her side to keep her safe. So in this book there is the whole love-triangle thing going on, but it doesn't bother me. Sure I want her to keep up with Aiden, but I like Seth also. He's fun and easy going, while her relationship with Aiden is very difficult and forbidden. I have so many questions now, so I can't wait for Deity, the next one in this serie! Overall, the covenant series is definitely one of my favourite series with Pure being my favourite book and I highly recommend this series to anyone!

Geen opmerkingen: