dinsdag 15 mei 2012

Indebted - Amy Bartol

Serie: The Premonition #3 
Release date: 2012 

I hang my head in sorrow for just a moment when I know I am truly alone. I feel like I’m going to my execution, just as he had said. Then I move forward again. I hop a fence of fieldstone and cross a field dotted with Queen Anne’s lace. Goose bumps rise on my arms as I pass the cluster of windmills that I have seen in a dream. The scent is sweet in the field though, not the scent of heat, like it had been when it was forced upon me in visions. I gaze down the hill, beyond the small, whitewashed house that I knew would be there. The church looms dark and grim with its rough-hewn, timber façade, capped by tall, oblong spires reaching to the sky. Black, ominous clouds have collected above the roofline, as if Heaven is showing me the way.

Wow I just loved this third book in the Premonition series. You can find my review of the first book here and of the second book here. I am in love with these characters. Evie, the main character is a strong young female and she tries to find her way in the world without anyone hurting. I also love the love triangle, and even though you want to hate Brennen, sometimes it was difficult. Evie don't want to be kept in the dark and Brennen just gives her that, while Reed just want her to stay out of everything. Brennus and and the fellas are growing on me. I mean, Evie and Reed belong together (period), but Brennus and his band of fairy vampires have snaked their way into my heart just like they have to Evie. And then there is Reed.. Omg I really like him. I also like in this book that Russel just keeps getting stronger and more bad-ass. The new powers that Evie and Russel are developing are very interesting. The whole book is just amazing and makes you want to read on and on.

Geen opmerkingen: