dinsdag 15 mei 2012

Scent of a White Rose - Tish Thawer

Serie: The Rose Trilogy #1 
Release date: 2011

A vampire's love...
An innocent's guilt...
A secret no one could've imagined...
A paranormal romance that entices with a heroine that isn't quite what she seems, a vampire whose love story is filled with dark surprises, and a vampire clan whose Sire has lost the ability to inflict "the change".

~ ROSE ~
I'm Rose Reynolds. I have recently lost my Mom in a "freak accident".
Now everyone sees me as an innocent girl...a “white Rose”.
But I have a secret that no one can imagine.
I'm not as innocent as everyone thinks…

~ CHRISTIAN ~
I'm Christian and I’m in love with Rose. I also have a secret as old as time. I’m a vampire.
No, she doesn’t know…yet.
But when our new Sire is revealed, I'll petition them to change her.
Because truly, I can't live without her...



Scent of a White Rose is a simple and easy read. I read the whole thing in just an evening. The story is told from the point of view from most of the characters, so you get to know a lot of things. The story with the vampires is just a bit differently than most stories, I really liked that about this book. Also, you get to know a secret of Rose which I did not except, and that is a big bonus point for this book. But.. I did not like the writing style at all. It was immature and it seems kind of forced. There was a lot of swearing in the book, but not in the right places if you know what I mean. Like there was a line and then there was the word 'fuck' used in it, but it didn't really fit in it. So it became kind of a forced line. And I had this feeling throughout the whole story. It was kind of annoying. Overall it was a good story.

1 opmerking:

Brasil zei

This is a novel that is extremely well written and very entertaining.
Rose is a college student, who has suffered terribly from the devastating death of her mother. Rose's father wants to keep her safe by keeping her under lock and key. Rose met Christian, the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with before her mother's death. However, Christian is a vampire. But, Rose knows his secret, and she wants to become a vampire too in order to be with him for eternity.
You will have to read this fine novel to find out for yourself the issues Rose has to deal with and if she can be with Christian forever.