maandag 21 mei 2012

Switched - Amanda Hocking

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)Series: Trylle #1
Release date: 2010


When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.

Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.

Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she’s meant to become…


I really like the cover, I know that there are multiple covers going around, but I liked this one best. Put that aside, I love Amanda hocking, she's a great writer! I know her for the blood approves series, so after that I picked the Trylle Trilogy, starting with switched. So it's about trolls, okay didn't know what to expect here, but because Hocking is a great writer I decided to give this one a shot. Well let's start with the trolls, the ugly, colorful hair, well not in this book. They're called Trylle and they're beautiful and magical. This book stands out from all the other paranormal books. You find yourself immidiately fascinited with the Trylle mythodology, how they lived, the monarchy and why the switching babies at birth. You meet Wendy, the main character, I instantly liked her. You learn that she's had a traumatic childhood and you hurt with her. She's kind an loving. I loved how you could relate with her and to read about all the struggles she's had to deal with. Ofcourse don't forget the boys. I loved how the romance was played out in this one. I loved Finn, god he's mysterious and all and there love romance is ofcourse forbidden. I highly recommend Switched!

Geen opmerkingen: