zondag 20 mei 2012

Demons at Deadnight - Kirk A&E

Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)Series: Divinicus Nex Chronicles #1 
Release date: 2012


For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle.

DEMONIC DESTINY
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it’s just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti.
CHARISMATIC KILLERS
The Hex Boys—mysterious, hunky, and notorious for their trails of destruction—have the answers Aurora needs to survive. But their overload of deadly secrets and suspicious motives makes trusting them a potentially fatal move.

LETHAL ALLIES
The battle to save her family, herself, and stop demonic domination may cost Aurora everything worth living for, and force her to reveal her own dark secrets. But no worries. She needs the Hex Boys to pull this off, and, chances are, teaming up with these guys will get her killed anyway.


It took me a few pages to really get in the book, but man what a book! It was really funny. I would like to say first that I love that the family is included in this one. In most books of this genre the family is left clueless and you don't read much about it. In this one though they are all included. The main character, Aurora (beautiful name!!), doens't know what she is, only that demons are hunting her. I instantly liked Aurora, she is very funny. Quote: 

 "His fingers dug into my flesh and pulled my upper body forward. I wondered with vague panic why I wasn't pushing away from the kiss he was about to pull me into--when his torso tightened and he flung me into the air.

Hmmm. Read that one wrong."


After that there are a lot of introductions made with different characters, the hex boys yammi, and with a bit of history. I found it easier to put down the book in the beginning. But later when the book was really starting to get on with it I couldn't put the book down. It was hilarious and hottt hott hott with the yammi hex boys. Still I found that there was a lot to take in for a first book, not that it answered every question, cause I've a lot remain, but a lot of characters, a bit history, the developments etc. But the main point here, I really liked the book! I love all the developments with all the characters, the actions, the possibly romance (thank god not a love triangle, I'm kind of fed up with that), the whole story of Aurora and her 'gift' and what she may be. I really can't wait for the next one! I want to read more and more about Aurora and her hex boys, so I want to say that this book is worth your time!

 

Geen opmerkingen: