zondag 20 mei 2012

Fallen - Lauren Kate

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
Series: Fallen #1 
Release date: 2009

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.



Look at the cover! It's very gorgeous and I'm sure that it will draw in a lot of attention. I admit that I picked this one up for it's cover. So I didn't really know what is was all about, except for some kind of paranormal romance book. Unfortunateley it was a book that shouldn't be jugded by it's cover. While the cover is amazing, the book was not. I liked the book, but that's it. It was kind of the first book I read about angels, and it was refreshing because there wheren't any vampires in it, but since than I've read better angel books. But that put aside, I liked the book. It was about Luce, a strong female character., who hasn't had the easiest of childhoods. She began seeing shadows at a young age and still hasn't had answers. She is packed off to a reform school called Sword & Cross and there she meets Daniel Grigori. She feels like she knows him, but doens't get to know him. So there starts the big mystery on who Daniel is!! The book was an easy read, not really special. It leaves you wondering more about the history of the fallen and about Luce and Daniel Grigori. Daniel.. I was really intrigued by Daniel and couldn't wait to find out what or who he was. It's kind of a huge puzzle the book, and you will figure things out way earlier than Luce does. So I'm not sure if I would recommend this one, but I have read the rest in the series and the books get better.

Geen opmerkingen: